On the occasion of International Women's Day, an exhibition featuring the photographic works of six famous female photographers is underway at the Guangdong Cultural Center in Guangzhou. Here are some highlights of those photographers and some of their work:
● Shen Ling, the winner of the 8th Golden Statue Award for China Photography and China's first female soldier to take aerial photographs in a third-generation warplane.
Shen Ling and her photographic work. (Photos provided to Newsgd.com)
● Sun Jingmei is very good at capturing the eyes of characters and animals, expressing their inner world by peering into their hearts and behavior through her lens.
Sun Jingmei and her photographic work. (Photos provided to Newsgd.com)
● Li Binyuan has traveled to all seven continents and four oceans, and she excels at photographing flamingos from a unique perspective.
Li Binyuan and her photographic work. (Photos provided to Newsgd.com)
● Song Haihui specializes in talking with nature and likes to photograph lotus.
Song Haihui and her photographic work. (Photos provided to Newsgd.com)
● Hong Lei likes to explore the microscopic world. She says that the subject matter of photography originates from life, more from the observation of the smallest things around us.
Hong Lei and her photographic work. (Photos provided to Newsgd.com)
● Huang Xiaoli has long involved herself in the life and production of the masses.
Huang Xiaoli and her photographic work. (Photos provided to Newsgd.com)
This exhibition, co-hosted by Guangdong Cultural Center and Guangzhou Mobile Photography Art Association, will last through March 28.
Time and Venue:
● Time: 9:00-17:00, March 6-28, 2021 (closed on all Mondays except March 8)
● Venue: Exhibition Hall, 1st floor, Guangdong Cultural Center (No.1229, Guangzhou Dadao Zhong, Guangzhou)
How to reserve tickets:
● Reservation time: From now to March 28.
● Make a reservation online:
1. Scan the following QR code to enter the page of the event to make a reservation.
2. You can also search the official website of the Guangdong Cultural Center (//www.gdsqyg.com) or its official account on WeChat, click on “文化活動-活動預約” (cultural activities-activity reservation), and then you will find the relevant page where you can make a reservation.
After successful registration, the system will send a message to your registered cellphone. On the day of the event, you can enter directly with the message or your reservation information.
In adiition, there are 100 tickets available for on-site reservation every day. First come, first served.
● By bus: Take B6, 502 or 836, and get off at the Guangzhou Tiyuan station.
● By subway: Take Line 6 and get off at the Shaheding station, use Exit A, then walk along Shuiyin Road for about 200 meters to the west gate of Guangdong Cultural Center.
● Prepare your Yuekang or Suikang code, reservation verification information and personal ID card upon arrival, and then enter from the west lobby of Guangdong Cultural Center after temperature check.
● Please wear a mask throughout the visit.
● Please try to use public transportation due to the limited temporary parking spaces in the center.
● Seniors can make reservations through family members or friends doing so on their behalf and attend the event with the reservation message.
Author | Nancy (intern)
Editor | Monica & Jerry